Label Contents: Unfortified Wine
All wine labels shall contain the following information, in a legible form:
- Brand name of product;
- Class and type;
- Name and address of manufacturer, or bottler;
- On blends consisting of foreign and domestic wine, if any reference is made to the presence of foreign wine, the exact percentage by volume of the foreign wine; and
- Net contents (unless blown or otherwise permanently inscribed in the container
- Exception for Retailer’s Private Brand. In the case of wine bottles packaged for a retailer or other person under his private brand, the name and address of the bottler need not be stated on the brand label but may be stated on another label affixed to the container, if the name and address of the person for whom bottled or packed appears on the label. The net contents shall be stated on the brand label or on a separate label affixed in immediate proximity thereto on the same side of the container in readily legible form, unless blown or otherwise permanently inscribed in the container.
- Imported Wines. The name and address of the importer of a foreign wine need not be stated on the brand label if it is stated upon another label affixed to the container.
Federal Government Health Warning as required by Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms must also be present on the label.
In order to obtain wine product approval you must submit the following: